Imagine dessert and breakfast as one! Perfect for any day served to your loved one! Bonus - its quick and easy to make. This dessert has layers of creamy yogurt panna cotta with crunchy granola that adds an amazing textural component.
The tartness from the yogurt complements the sweetness from the white chocolate and dried cranberries. Many versions can be made with the same recipe, it is a very versatile recipe. For instance fresh fruit, spices, extracts could be added for seasonal flavourings. Hint- this is ahh-mazing for large gatherings.
Yogurt and Cranberry Panna cotta pots
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Rest Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hour, 40 minutes
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Yogurt Panna Cotta:
½ cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp gelatin
5 Tbsp ice cold water
¼ cup white chocolate
¾ cup Greek yogurt
1. Cranberry Granola: Preheat the oven at 325 F and place a parchment paper on a baking sheet pan.
2. Combine the oats, maple syrup and coconut. Spread the mixture evenly on the prepared baking tray. Place in the oven and bake until golden (keep checking the mixture every 5 minutes for not over baking it).
3. Once baked add the cranberries and set aside to cool.
4. Yogurt Panna Cotta: In a small bowl combine the ice-cold water and gelatin, stir the mixture, and set it aside for 2 minutes or until thick.
5. In a medium sized pot combine the cream, honey, and the gelatin mixture, cook on a medium heat until it simmers.
6. Take the mixture out of the heat and add the white chocolate. Using the hand blender emulsify the mixture until it combines to form a homogenous mixture.
7. Now add the Greek yogurt (make sure the mixture is not hot before you add the yogurt), using the hand blender emulsify again.
8. Assembly: You can assemble this in either small glass pots or bowls. Using a spoon add the first layer of granola and second layer of the panna cotta, repeat the layering once again. Finally add the granola and dried cranberries on top for that extra crunch – this is optional.
Storage tip: Best if eaten within 2 days and it can be stored in the refrigerator.