The best ever Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies, they are simply delicious. These brownies are made with my favourite fudgy brownie recipe on the bottom, then layered with a gooey pecan pie filling on top but the surpise ingredients is the addtion of tad-bits of cashews and saffron. Oh my goodness, it's just so DELICIOUS, I can't even describe it in words. The gooey top has notes of maple, brown sugar and a beautiful aroma from the cardamom and saffron. I'd say you bake nothing this holiday but you gotta bake these brownies! Make it on the weekend for your holiday gathering and they are going to be a smashing hit!
Should you decide to recreate these outstanding brownies, please share your experience in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @aliabakesto. I genuinely enjoy seeing your culinary creations!
Pecan Pie Brownies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
120g dark chocolate (70%)
40g cocoa powder
1 tsp salt flakes
1 tsp vanilla
Pecan pie filling
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp ghee
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 Tbsp saffron
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1.Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 6X6 inch square pan with parchment paper.
2. In the microwave, melt together the butter and dark chocolate .
3. In a bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until bubbly on top, 1 minute.
4. Add cocoa powder, salt flakes and chocolate mixture. Gently fold until combined. It should be thick and glossy. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes, until the brownies are just set
5. Meanwhile, make the pie layer. Whisk together the brown sugar and 2 eggs until light anf fluffy, pale in color, about 2 minutes. Add the cardamom, vanilla, maple syrup and cream. Whisk in the ghee and saffron strands. Fold in the chopped pecans and cashews. Gently pour the filling over the pre-baked brownie.
6. Bake for 25 minutes minutes, If your pecan layer is still very wiggly in the center, continue baking another 10 minutes, until the center is almost set. The longer you bake, the more set your brownie will be. Remove from the oven and let cool refrigerate for 30 minutes. Slice into bars and enjoy the yumminess.