Chocolate Swiss Roll
This chocolate Swiss roll recipe is the easiest that you'll ever make! As soon as someone says "Swiss roll", most home bakers get intimidated and immediately start thinking that it will be a long process to make. Well, let's start by saying you only need "5 INGREDIENTS", trust me, the final result will be light, airy and delicious. This is a no fuss, quick and very easy to make recipe.
After you've made it, please do share the picture with us. It would be amazing! Don't forget to tag us @aliabakesto on Instagram :)
Chocolate Swiss roll
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
5 eggs (room temperature)
70g all-purpose flour
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp Vanilla bean paste/Extract
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp icing sugar
1. Swiss roll: Preheat the oven at 375F and prepare a 10" rectangular baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
2. Combine the eggs and sugar. Whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour and cocoa powder into the egg mixture and fold by hand using a spatula.
4. Pour the batter onto the prepare tray and bake for 10 minutes or until the cake springs back to the touch. Let it cool at room temperature.
5. Filling: In a bowl add the cold whipping cream and icing sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form.
6. Assembly: Remove the baked cake from the tray and place it on the counter top on a clean parchment paper.
7. Add the dollops of whipped cream mixture and using an offset spatula spread it from one end to another.
8. Slowly roll the cake, making sure it is tight whilst rolling, don't worry is a little mixture starts falling off from the side whilst rolling.
9. Move the Swiss roll from the parchment paper to a plastic wrap, wrap tightly and place it in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
10. Add the remaining whipped cream or melted chocolate, fruits and a little dusting of icing sugar for decoration. Enjoy.