This one is an absolute delight for those summer gatherings and cottage trips. I'd say if you love fudge brownies and Black Forest cake this one will be your favourite. It is aromatic, rich and fruity! The sweetness from the cherries and the bitterness from the dark chocolate compliments well together. It is a share it-all bite sized dessert and to top it off, it is very easy to make.
Black Forest brownie cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time:15 minutes
Rest Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 dark brown sugar
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp cocoa powder
10 chopped pitted cherries
1/4 bar chopped dark chocolate bar (I have used Lindt 70%)
1. In a bowl add the butter and chocolate chips, melt in a microwave on 1 minutes interval. Keep aside.
2.In a mixing bowl add the eggs and sugar, stir until combined. Once combined add the flour and cocoa powder. Stir until just mixed.
3. Pour the butter and chocolate mixture and mix until combined, add the pitted chopped cherries and using a spatula just gradually fold in.
4. Place the prepared batter into the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Scoop the batter into the baking tray using an ice cream or cookie scoop. Add the chopped dark chocolate on top for the extra yumminess.
7. Bake and let it cool.
8. It can be had just by itself or with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Note: The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for unto 2 weeks.