5 ingredients Pineapple & Coconut Puff Pastry
Updated: Jun 13, 2022
A tropical flavor welcoming summer and those dreamy beach vacations. Between the months of June and July you get the best of Pineapples. This recipe is packed with flavor, aroma, and deliciousness made with only 5 ingredients. To top it off, it is very simple to make, and every bite will remind you of tropical freshness coming both from the coconut and pineapple.
Pineapple and Coconut puff pastry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Rest Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 cup pineapple (cut into small pieces)
½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 puff pastry sheet (store bought)
1. Preheat the oven at 325F. Grease a baking tray with butter and lined with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl combine all ingredients with a spatula or spoon and keep aside.
3. Lightly flour the surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the store-bought pastry sheet. Using a sharp knife divide the puff pastry sheet into 6-8 squares.
4. Using a tablespoon fill the puff pastry squares with the pineapple and coconut prepared mixture. Apply water on the edges of the squares with a pastry brush and fold 2 sides to begin an than the other 2 sides on top (like folding an envelope), pinch all the sides so that it is secure, and the mixture does not leak out whilst baking.
5. Place the prepared puff pastry squares onto the lined baking tray, brush with butter or a mixture of 1 tablespoon light cream and 1 egg (optional) or the egg can be replaced by brushing light cream. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Take it out from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar or shredded coconut (optional). Let it cool for 10 minutes and it can be enjoyed either warm or cold.